Benefits of water corridor Danube-Oder-Elbe
Benefits of Danube-Oder-Elbe water corridor
Multipurpose water corridor Danube-Oder-Elbe offers many advantages and opportunities. It combines advantages such as providing water balance and stability of the territory - offsetting potential impacts of global climate change, flood protection, water management regimes for overcome long-term drought, environmental protection - restoration of wet habitat, increase biodiversity, use of renewable energy, increase stability of energy system, green transport, the diversification of supply of strategic materials and thus increase energy and transport security.
Water corridor Danube-Oder-Elbe would also offer a unique experience to all who sail it. Passes through the areas and regions rich in cultural and natural wealth. Along the way are many museums and activities for those who like to explore the regions and smaller cities. For sports enthusiasts, offers opportunities for fishing, water sports and other outdoor activities.
DOE promises significant benefits for business and industry in nearby of the waterway. After its completion, will help generate a wide range of benefits that significantly contribute to economic development and improve quality of life in the vicinity of DOE corridor.
Inland waterways in general, as well as water corridor Danube-Oder-Elbe, providing numerous benefits to the local economy and its development in the regions. And it is thanks to the fact that:
- Water transport is the preferred mode of transport for large volumes of goods and multiple types of products for transportation over long distances. These savings in transport costs help to significantly expand the markets for domestic exporters and reduce production costs for the manufacturing operations, which use the waterway;
- Industries that use large quantities of raw materials tend to use the waterways and water transport with its economically favorable rates. Most of these industries employ qualified and well-funded staff, helping to improve the living standards of the region;
- Water transport is an indispensable mode of transport for transport of oversized technological units;
- Piece goods Containerisation allows full participation in waterway transportation of all goods;
- Water DOE would also allow for secure water supplies for land along its route. Water availability is a prerequisite for the continued growth of the region and conservation of nature;
- A unique recreation and tourism opportunities offered by the water route will help the growth of local economies by creating small business, such as ports (Marine), restaurants and other accommodation and recreational facilities.